Is Amazon Prime Day even a good deal? How can you save the most money possible with this special day? What are the best deals this year? I have all the answers you need about how to save money with Amazon Prime Day this year in today’s post.
HOW TO SAVE MONEY WITH AMAZON PRIME DAY
This post contains affiliate links at no cost to you.
In this post I’m going to tell you everything you need to know about Amazon Prime Day and how to leverage this huge blowout sale day to save money.
So, what is Amazon Prime Day anyway?
Amazon Prime Day is basically like Black Friday in the middle of the summer. It happens once a year and brings with it 2 full days of HUGE sales from Amazon.
Here’s the catch… you have to be a Amazon Prime member to get the deals.
Not a Prime member? Don’t worry! You can grab a FREE 30-day trial membership here.
How can I prepare for Amazon Prime Day ahead of time?
There are a few things you can do now to get the most out of Amazon Prime Day.
First, make sure you are a Prime Member
You can get the Prime Day deals even if you’re using a trial membership, but you need to be a member of some sort!
And keep in mind that if you have Prime you can share your membership with your spouse and other family members at your address using Prime Household.
Make a list of what you need
I’m here to help you save money, and you’re not saving money if you’re buy a ton of stuff you don’t need just because it’s cheap.
So, before Prime Day even gets here, make yourself a list of all the things you might need.
This can include things you really need around the house. Think of the staples you use all the time like dish soap, detergent, paper towels, hand soap, etc.
Your list can include things you’ve been meaning to buy like a new pair of sheets, or towels, or a new case for your phone.
And it’s smart to include any gifts that you’re going to have to buy in the near future. If you really want to shop ahead, you can even start considering Christmas gifts.
Try to think of everything you can. Remember, you don’t have to (and you shouldn’t) buy everything on this list.
The point is that you don’t want to be tempted to purchase things that aren’t on your list of things you need just because you see them at a super low price.
Learn Price History
This is a huge insider tip that no one talks much about, so listen up!
There is a website called Camel Camel Camel that tells you the exact price history of every product on Amazon.
You can search for products there or you can paste in an exact url from a product you’re looking at on Amazon.
It’s really cool!
And so useful because then when you see a deal that seems amazing, you can actually check the price history to see if this is the lowest price it’s been offered at lately.
It’s a super valuable decision making tool. I highly recommend that you bookmark it and use it for every deal you’re considering throughout the Amazon Prime Day sale.
Watch the deals you’re interested in
Starting this week, you can click “watch this deal” on the Amazon App to track the deals you like.
Get Cash Back
Make sure you’re using Ebates (Now called Rakuten) to get cash back via a check in the mail for shopping on Prime Day. I’d bet they offer some hefty cash back deals to go along with this huge event.
SAVE MONEY ON AMAZON PRIME DAY 2019
You’re going to want to bookmark or PIN this post too because I’ll be updating it with all the best deals as they go live.
Here are the deals that we already know Amazon has planned for Prime Day:
If you haven’t used the Amazon App before, you’ll get a $10 credit the first time you sign into the App and a second $10 credit when you make a purchase using the App. That’s $20 free!
Spend $10 or more at Whole Foods between now and July 16th (and scan the Amazon barcode on your App) and you’ll get a $10 credit to your Amazon account that you can use for Prime Day.
You can browse all of the Prime Day Deals here.
HERE ARE MY TOP PICKS SO FAR:
- The Echo Input is at a LOW price.
- Regular Amazon Echo is about half off.
- So is the Fire TV Recast
- This is a GREAT deal on the Amazon Fire Stick – I love this thing!
- If you’re looking for a tablet, I’d go with this one for an adult, and this one for a child.
- This is a really low price for the Instant Pot!
- This is a great Crock-Pot deal! Snag it if you need one or a second one.
- I LOVE these Pyrex containers. I use them for everything. And I’m pretty sure I paid way more than this!
- If you prefer the GLAD storage containers – here’s the Prime Day deal for them.
- Super low price on name brand toilet cleaner.
- Looks like this is the lowest price ever on the iRobot Roomba vacuum with smart phone and Alexa connectivity.
- If you want a cordless stick vacuum, this one is 30% off.
- This is the actual pressure washer we have (and we paid more than this!)
- The Amazon Basics Microwave is almost half off and it comes with a free Echo Dot too.
- Prime Day Deal on this Humidifier.
- These dishwasher pods are on sale today.
- This large 6 pack of Purrell wipes is almost half off.
Products that will save you money in the long run:
- Here’s a high quality water filter jug.
- Nest Thermostat – This is a big investment, but if you’ve been planning to buy one, it’s a good price.
- Reusable Produce Bags
- This vacuum sealer is more than 60% off!
- Get $5 off any $15 purchase (or more) of printed books. Use Promo Code PRIMEBOOK19
Random Deals you might like:
- This is the best Fitbit deal I’ve seen today.
- Prime Day Deal on Chromebooks.
- Here’s a crazy deal on Cetaphil cleanser (my fav!).
- This is a good car seat deal if you need a full convertible.
- 50% deal on a DNA test kit.
- There are some good deals on smart phones (depending on what you’re looking for) here.
- Good price on my very favorite toddler cups.
- Check for your brand of detergent and cleaners here.
- Save 20% on sunscreen here.
- Groceries like Kind Bars, Pop Tarts, Nuts, and other snacks are for sale here.
- If you dig around on this page, you’ll find some good deals on kid’s clothes.
- Here’s a really good fire extinguisher deal.
- Here are the Prime Day Backpack deals if you’re thinking about back to school.
Also, Amazon will be launching new products exclusively for Prime Members. You can find them on this page.
Some of the deals I listed might sell out before you get to them.
Okay, so here’s the deal…
I’m going to be updating this post throughout Prime Day as more details are released. So, make sure you bookmark this page or PIN it now so you can easily reference it throughout this big sale.