Do you want to learn how to live on less so you can save more money? A frugal lifestyle just might be what you’re looking for. These 25 frugal living tips will get you started!
25 Frugal Living Tips
- Think twice before you buy! Instead of giving in to the desire to impulse shop, give every item a second thought before you actually pay for it. If you don’t need it, put it back.
- Lower your bills. Here’s how to cut your electric bill and phone bill.
- Drop some expenses. Do you really need cable? Are you paying for any membership services that you could cut out?
- Get cash back when you can. If you shop online, you should be getting paid for it. Find out how here.
- Avoid racking up those credit card bills. Only charge what you can fully pay off that month.
- Use coupons for things that you would be buying anyway. Be careful not to buy things just because you have a coupon for them!
- If you have debt, make it a priority. Find out all about debt payoff strategies here. And don’t make this mistake!
- Make spending freezes part of your life.
- Join the rewards programs of every store you shop at. And then use your reward card.
- Make your own instead of buying premade. Think: coffee, lunch, oatmeal, anything you can make yourself will save you money.
- Share your reasons for saving with your friends. It will get you motivated!
- Use reusable items instead of disposable anywhere I can. Real plates and real towels will save you real dollars.
- Have fun for free. Go for a hike or go to a park instead of spending money on an activity.
- Transfer money into your savings account regularly.
- Cut out the junk food. Only buy special treats when they’re really something special.
- Shop foods that are in season. They’re often cheaper, and always delicious.
- Stop wasting food. Eat what you buy and don’t let it expire. Keep a list on the fridge of expiration dates so you don’t let anything go bad.
- Use your freezer. Freeze foods that are expiring soon. Even produce can be frozen and used in a smoothie or a baked recipe!
- Stop buying sugary drinks. Drink water instead.
- Meal plan. This is how I do it.
- Buy things you use often in bulk at a warehouse club store.
- Stop eating out. Here’s some inspiration.
- Have potluck parties when you’re entertaining.
- Make a budget and stick to it.
- Always look into more ways to save money. Reading this blog is a great start!
Want more? Here are some of my best posts:
And don’t forget to subscribe here so you never miss a new frugal idea!